HOW TO BECOME A NEW MEMBER
Our membership process introduces you to other members through a guided visit around the club and its facilities. We welcome potential new members at any time of the year. The best time to visit the club is on a Wednesday night between 20.30 & 22.30 and gives you the opportunity to meet other members and officers of the committee. All you need to do is turn up and ring the doorbell, no appointment necessary. You can also contact the membership secretary if you want to look at our club facilities at other times.
JOINING FEES AND ASSOCIATED COSTS
Southampton Sailing Club
Joining fee £60.00 (Once only payment)
Family Sailing £160.00
Single Sailing £120.00
Further Education £55.00
Cadet (under 18 years) £30.00
Training (Adult) £30.00
Training (Junior) £15.50
Summer or Winter Compound Storage
Cruisers £100.00 + £12.00 per foot over 20’
Multihulls 1.5 or 2 times Cruiser cost
Dinghies Up to 16 feet £60.00
Multihulls Up to 16 feet £70.00
Lift out/in £100.00
Cradle/trailer (if boat not at club) Summer £60.00
Cradle/trailer (if boat not at club) Winter £100.00
Once only premium £200.00
8 Mtr to 9 Mtr (26 feet to 30 feet approx. ) £445.00
Up To 8 Mtr (26 feet approx ) £405.00
Joining Fee £22.50 (once only payment)
Family (Non Sailing) £45.00
Joining Fee £15.00 (once only Payment)
Single (Non Sailing) £30.00
1. The Club membership year runs from 1st April to 31st March. Discounts may be available for people joining later in the year.
2. Winter compound for Cruisers starts 1st October and ends 31st May.
3. Summer compound for Cruisers starts 1st June and ends 30th September.
4. Winter compound for Dinghies starts 1st November and ends 31st March.
5. Summer compound for Dinghies starts 1st April and ends 31st October.
6. All craft must have a minimum of third party insurance cover prior to being left at the club.
7. Where appropriate the Club may permit the staged payments of joining fees and renewals over 3 months. The end date for renewals paid this way being 1st July.
8. The Training Membership is annual and allows for access to unlimited training in that year.
The fee will be deducted from the cost of full membership if a Training Member joins the
Club within six months of their training membership expiring.